In 2018-2019 we received £17,800 P.E. sports premium funding, and have put together a plan of how we will spend our allocated funds, see link for more details.
Sport is very important at St. Mary’s and we are proud of our achievements.
- In 2013/14 we received £5,500 P.E sports premium funding
- In 2014/15 we received £8,500 P.E sports premium funding
- In 2015/16 we received £8,500 P.E sports premium funding
- In 2016/17 we received £8,500 P.E sports premium
In the last four years we spent
- £24,000 on the commissioning of a new all weather sports surface which has enhanced the development of hockey, tennis and basketball.
- £8,500 on the installation of new outdoor long jump and new basketball hoops and have arranged to develop the teaching and learning of P.E through dedicated inset in the teaching of Gymnastics.
- £7,000 on the installation of an artificial cricket wicket in partnership with English Cricket Board and work closely with Melton and Woodbridge Cricket Club to develop the sport locally.
- £1,500 on purchase of new hockey equipment and CPD for teachers in the delivery of teaching gymnastics and hockey
The impact of the grant has seen positive attitudes towards P.E including children making choices of exercise at playtimes. There has been a higher level of teaching in invasion games through the use of the all weather surface and the teaching of tennis from a professional coach has seen a rise in participation of tennis club membership and more pupils receiving rankings.
Our Sporting achievements include:
- County Girls Cricket Champions
- County Tennis Champions
- County Netball Champions
- County Rounders Runners-Up
- County Athletics Finalist
- Pyramid Football Champions
- Pyramid Cross Country Champions
- Pyramid Athletics Champions
- Pyramid Rounders Champions
- Swimming with Olympic Champion
After schools sporting clubs include:
- Cross Country