In 2021-22 we received £17,660 P.E. sports premium funding and we are planning to receive a similar amount of funding for 2022-2023; a plan of how we have spent it and the impact can be seen in the document below
Sport is very important at St. Mary’s and we are proud of our achievements.
In the last five years we spent
- £8,500 on the installation of new outdoor long jump and new basketball hoops and have arranged to develop the teaching and learning of P.E through dedicated inset in the teaching of Gymnastics.
- £7,000 on the installation of an artificial cricket wicket in partnership with English Cricket Board and work closely with Melton and Woodbridge Cricket Club to develop the sport locally.
- £1,500 on purchase of new hockey equipment and CPD for teachers in the delivery of teaching gymnastics and hockey
- £1050 on a new PE Scheme for the whole school.
- £550 on new netball posts and protectors.
- Resurfacing the school hall and resourcing it for badminton and netball
The impact of the grant has seen positive attitudes towards P.E including children making choices of exercise at playtimes. There has been a higher level of teaching in invasion games through the use of the all weather surface and the teaching of tennis from a professional coach has seen a rise in participation of tennis club membership and more pupils receiving rankings.We have a wider range of Extra curricular activities.
Our Sporting achievements include:
- County Girls Cricket Champions
- County Tennis Champions
- County Netball Champions
- County Rounders Runners-Up
- County Athletics Finalist
- Pyramid Football Champions
- Pyramid Cross Country Champions
- Pyramid Athletics Champions
- Pyramid Rounders Champions
- Swimming with Olympic Champion
Extra curricular sporting clubs include:
- Cross Country
- Cricket/ rounders